*This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase.
Visiting the spa can actually be very expensive. No wonder many ladies do not visit the spa often. But good enough, many are opting to have a spa day at home! And you can too.
If you’re unsure about getting started with a spa day at home, we got you! But first off, it would be awesome to set the spa atmosphere right in your bathroom. Here is an article on how you can create a home spa right in your bathroom for the perfect spa feel.
Apart from setting the environment ready, you need to set the mood too. Put on some calming music and have the perfect scent ready even before you get started.
Here is where your essential oils and the essential oils diffuser come into play. While lavender essential oils always smell great, it is even more refreshing to have eucalyptus which smells fresh and totally spa-like!
Scented candles would also be a good option if they are organic and utilize essential oils for their scents. However, we recommend them for a spa night. Apart from relaxing scents, they also offer such nice lighting that creates a perfect spa-like atmosphere.
Now that you have the environment, sounds, and smells all spa-like, let’s have our spa day at home already!
See The Contents
- 0.1 Put on Your ‘Spa-Wear’
- 0.2 Prepare Your Spa Drink or Cocktail
- 0.3 Show Your Hands and Feet Some Love
- 0.4 Do a Mini Manicure and Pedicure
- 0.5 Give Yourself a Facial
- 0.6 Time for a Bath
- 1 Get Our Style Guide On 'How to Always Look Put Together'
Put on Your ‘Spa-Wear’
We want a relaxed spa day at home, right?
So, get rid of your normal day-to-day clothing and put on your slippers, get that bathrobe or plush towels, and have your bath slippers on. Be sure to have your spa day at home kit that includes all the body and skin care products you will be using.
Prepare Your Spa Drink or Cocktail
If there is one thing every lady enjoys from a spa experience, then it has to be sipping the nice healthy drinks for detoxification of your body, relaxation, or energizing effects too.
At home, you can always try fruit-infused water, flower-infused water, herb-infused water, or cocktails too. Here are 13 energizing spa drinks you should try on the New Beauty Blog.
Some of the amazing spa welcome drinks include: lemongrass spa drinks, sparkling cucumber blueberry spa water, berries and mint water, citrus cucumber spa water, fresh berry, and mint spa water, detox water or ginger-infused ‘healthier’ cocktail.
You May Also Like: 11 Detox Water Recipes for a Spa Day At Home
Show Your Hands and Feet Some Love
The skin on your hands and feet tend to show off aging or dryness easily. While aging is a natural process, we can choose to delay the process through our lifestyle choices like taking care of our hands and feet early enough.
Thus, consider giving your hands and feet a spa treatment too.
To get started with your feet:
- Deep cleanse them. In this case, remove any nail polish first. Add your regular body wash to a basin of warm water and soak your hands then feet for 10 minutes each as you relax. For instance, soak your feet while reading a book or playing a game on your phone.
- Use a pumice stone/device to scrub below your feet and get rid of any dry, hard dead skin cells. Afterward, wipe your feet dry.
- Do another deep soak for your feet using a basin of water with ACV and salt. This helps remove body odor, get rid of ingrown nails and fungus whilst balancing the pH levels of your skin.
- Cut your nails to keep them neat.
- Shave the hair on your legs. To do this, apply soap and shave according to your hair pattern. Rinse off then massage a conditioner over your legs. Shave again slowly before rinsing off for a glowing effect.
- Dry your feet then file your nails.
- Do a foot scrub to scrub your legs. This DIY scrub consisting of sugar, green tea and olive oil is perfect for hydrating, exfoliating and moisturizing your legs. This scrub will help fade stretch marks and scars on your body too. Leave your feet to stay for 15mins before washing with lukewarm water in circular motion.
While you leave your feet to stay with the feet scrub, you can go ahead and treat your hands.
To take care of your hands during your spa time:
- Wash your hands with gentle, natural soap.
- Exfoliate your hands using a gentle hand scrub.
- Wash off with cold water. Please avoid hot water, which is drying to the hands.
- Moisturize your hands.
Frequently exposing our hands to the UV lamp during gel manicures accelerates the aging process. Thus, to slow this aging process:
- Try to use gentle, natural soaps when washing your hands.
- Use gloves when washing dishes, gardening, or cleaning.
- Have several hand moisturizers around and everywhere– one in your car, your handbag, by the sink, at work, and on your bedside table.
- At night, apply a thick layer of moisturizer and wear cotton gloves when you go to bed.
At this point, you can get back to your feet- rinse the scrub off and moisturize them before we give our hands and feet a mini manicure and pedicure respectively.
You May Also Like: How to Stop Biting Nails
Do a Mini Manicure and Pedicure
There is just something beautiful about well-done manicure or pedicure- it looks and feels elegant, making you more confident. While the cost of salon manicures and pedicures can really add up over the course of a year, you want a DIY manicure and manicure at home.
Thus, try out these DIY beauty tricks during your spa day at home to make your hands and feet look instantly gorgeous.
You May Also Like:
Give Yourself a Facial
View this post on Instagram
Veggie SKINCARE🍅🥦🥒 Loving the @freshbeauty Soy Face Cleanser!💧I’m using a depuffing/draining technique in this video called Gua Sha 💚 I’m using a jade lifting tool by @dermalogica to sculpting the face in a smooth swiping motion and Over time this method is said to have great anti-aging benefits! Have you tried it before? ✨ Products Used: @elizavecca_ Natural 90% Olive Cleansing Oil @makeuperaser 7 Day set – use my code VICTORIALYN when you shop to save ✨ #freshbeauty Soy Face Cleanser @myspalifellc Soothing Spa Cooling Eye Pads with Fruit + Vegetable Extracts @esw.beauty Kale, Spinach, Broccoli And Apple Green Reset Anti-Aging Raw Juice Mask @yesto Yes To Cucumbers Cooling Moisturizer @bitebeauty Agave Lip Scrub + Lip Mask @kiehls Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist #skincare #skinglow #skingoals #skinhealth SONG: @nikiandgabi Out From Under You ❤️
Who says you have to go to a fancy spa to revitalize your skin? Nobody! You can surely give yourself a good yet easy DIY facial just at home!
While giving yourself a facial, consider following the steps up to the point of using a mask, a clay mask or a snail slime mask. And as the mask works on your face, you can proceed to the next step.
You May Also Like:
Time for a Bath
After you facial, it’s time to get everything off through a bath! Since we’re having a spa week, this shouldn’t be your normal bath.
Take things to the next level by either having a lush-inspired bath bomb, an aromatic bubble bath, a detox bath, a flower bath which leaves you feeling like a new woman, a scented milk bath, a bath oil or a sweet, herbal bath soak.
You May Also Like:
Well, a ton of options here but let’s help you get started, try a quick flower bath.
Taking a floral bath is not only aesthetically pleasing—there are also numerous healing properties and physical benefits. By combining your favorite flower petals, herbs and oils, you can customize the perfect wellness treatment for yourself.
If you’re looking for the right type of flowers to use for a floral bath, here are just a few you can use and their benefits to the skin:
- Rose: Apart from performing your bath, they moisturize the skin.
- Lavender: Lessens acne, help lighten skin, and reduce wrinkles. It also calms the mind and relieves stress.
- Jasmine: Provides natural moisture that won’t clog pores, protects your skin from environmental aggressors and enhances and uplifts mood.
- Chamomile: Help soothe the skin, reducing redness and blemishes. It also soothes the skin.
- Rosemary Petals: Reduces redness and puffiness from your skin. It also boosts blood circulation, boosts memory and decreases stress.
- Peony: Helps reduce shine and control oil, reduces the look of dark spots, correct uneven skin tone, and gives the skin an overall luminous glow.
- Lotus Flower: Soothes skin from redness and irritations as well as softening the skin and reducing anxiety.
- Orchid: Reduces fine lines and wrinkles and contains antioxidant properties
Enjoy an at-home spa by adding your flower petal concoction into a hot bath, light some candles, have your face mask on and get ready to indulge in a selfcare ritual that will melt away any tensions and refresh the soul!
While you soak in the goodness of your flower bath, have some soothing music on as you grab your spa drink, read a book and lay your head on a comfortable folded towel. Otherwise, you can relax with chilled cucumber slices over your eyes.
Wash Your Hair, Shower & Complete your Facial
View this post on Instagram
Green Tea SKINCARE 🍵 This routine made me want a Panera green tea!! 🤤💚 This is a hydrating & energizing routine and I’m a big fan of this cleanser! I’m almost completely finished with it now and I have nothing but good things to say about it 🙌🏼 Hope you enjoy and happy skincare Sunday ✨ Products Used: @farmacybeauty Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm @makeuperaser Avocado Makeup Eraser – use my code VICTORIALYN to save! @youthtothepeople Kale + Spinach Vitamins Superfood Cleanser @tonymoly.us_official I’m Green Tea Hydro-Burst Morning Mask I’m Green Tea Layering Mask The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream @pacificabeauty Serpentine Crystal Clearing Wand @dermae Create Skin Beneficial Mist Mood Enhancing @glossypops Caribbean Coconut #Skincare #skinhealth #skinglow #Skingoals #tonymoly
Having a shower is essential after your bath.
Get started by washing your hair: be sure to brush your hair before you wash it. Shampoo your hair thoroughly as you massage it before rinsing it. Use a hair conditioner to smoothen and protect your hair cuticles. After some time, wash it off with cold water.
It is advisable not to wash your hair every day, and that means, washing your hair during your spa day at home is much more preferable.
After your hair wash, get a good bath. Using a body scrub, exfoliate your body skin and rinse it off before using a loofah and your shower gel or gently body wash to cleanse your skin.
Be sure to also wash off your face mask while taking your shower with cold or lukewarm water. Afterward, finish up your facial using these 10 steps we shared here for a good at-home facial.
Remember to also scrub your lips gently and wear a hydrating lip mask for some glossy, plump lips.
Moisturize & Give Yourself a Body Massage
After a good shower, wipe yourself dry and moisturize your whole body using your preferred body lotion. While moisturizing your body, be sure to rub the lotion gently while massaging your body.
When picking out your body lotion, we recommend looking out for natural ingredients that deeply nourish your skin. Some of these ingredients include: shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, grape seed oil, hemp seed oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, avocado oil, safflower oil and almond oil.
If you want to take your home spa experience to the next level, why not try a home massage. Use these DIY self-massaging tips for a killer at-home massage.
Wear your Socks & Gloves
View this post on Instagram
Happy feet are made of these Opening @irohanature.us foot mask package makes me want to dive into the booties and take a shower in this scent! They smell so feminine and refreshing at the same time. It is really easy to use. Wash my feet, put on these booties and wait for 15 minutes. While waiting I took a lot of photos. Afterward I removed these booties and rinse my feet. Check out my clean happy moisturized feet 🦶 for days This week I’m on a roll for selfcare. I covered the all the bases – top assets and bottom asset. Did I miss anything y’all? Won’t you tell me ? Thank you @irohanature.us for the thoughtful package – foot masks + slippers. Summer never dies! #footmasksocks #footmaskkorea #kbeauty . . . . . . #footmasks #footbooties#moisturizingmask #bodycare#gifted#yccagency #footmasksocks #footsockslover #footsocksselfie#footfetishcommunity #footnation#selfcare#bodycare
Now that we’re getting to the end of our pampering session, wear a foot mask socks to just smoothen out your feet and give you baby skin. Using a foot mask and exfoliating socks, and gloves whitens, hydrates and exfoliates the feet or hands leaving them moisturized too.
Wear the socks and gloves for up to 20 minutes while you cozy up in bed. Grab a book, your favorite magazine and a cup of your spa drink, tea or coffee. We recommend lavender tea just for its calming and relaxation properties, that we so need at this time!
And if you’re looking for a good book to read, we recommend checking out these books that really speak to the feminine woman:
- Men Want Sex, Women Need Love
- Woman Thou Art Loosed by T.D Jakes
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
- How We Love by Milan & Kay Yerkovich
- No Excuses: The Power of Self Discipline by Brian Tracy
- Not Easily Broken by T.D Jakes
- Your Best Like Now by Joel Osteen
- Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be
- Reduce Me To Love by Joyce Meyer
- Beauty for Ashes by Joyce Meyer
- Haddassah: One Night with the King by Tommy Tenney
Cozy up Before Bed
After a good read and drink, it’s time to get to bed. Remove your socks and gloves, and massage the essence on your feet and hand skin.
Have a little cotton ball soaked in lavender essential oil under your pillow to provide relaxation properties as you sleep. You can also diffuse lavender into the air for a couple of minutes before taking a well-deserved beauty rest or a good nap.
You May Also Like: How to Have a Beauty Sleep
You May Also Like:
Kick off your spa week by creating the perfect day (or evening) of pampering and relaxation in your very own home!
Have your spa day at home!