*This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase.
Whether you’re just trying to have a relaxing staycation or want to prepare your skin for a beautiful glow, making your own salt body scrub is a great, inexpensive way to get a spa-like treatment at home.
Normally, a body scrub is done with an abrasive material—usually sea salt or sugar—mixed with some kind of massage oil and an aromatic like essential oils. A scrub that uses salt might be called a salt scrub, salt glow, or sea salt scrub.
While you can always try a ton of sugar scrubs for your body especially if your skin is sensitive, let’s try a DIY salt scrub today.
You May Also Like:
This strawberry scrub with sea salt is an intense, 100% natural and vegan body scrub that cleanses, gently exfoliates, hydrates, and brightens the skin. You will feel confident enough to rock your skin without the fear of it being slightly dry and unpleasant.
See The Contents
What You Need:
- 1 cup of sea salt – avoid iodized table salt which is too harsh for your skin and go for sea salt dedicated for your skin. A good example is La Baleine or Minera sea salts.
- A cup of your favorite essential oil.
The essential oil you use depends on the effects you want to achieve from using the strawberry body scrub.
Lavender is relaxing, lemongrass is refreshing, and rosemary is stimulating. Just experiment and do your own blend as preferred.
- A cup of massage oil- sunflower seed oil, sweet almond massage oil or grapeseed oil.
- 1 cup of freeze-dried strawberries. You can also purchase freeze-dried strawberries on Amazon.
- ½ -1 tbsp Kaolin clay(optional)
- A clean mason jar.
Why Strawberry & Sea Salt?
- Strawberries contain salicylic acid that help with acne, including body acne.
- They have strong astringent, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidants properties that treat burns, protect your skin from UV rays, and delay ageing.
- Strawberries are packed with alpha-hydroxylic acid that can help you get rid of dead skin cells (27).
- The powerful antioxidants in strawberries protect our body from oxidative damage and stall the signs of aging (wrinkles, sagging skin, fine lines, etc.) (25).
- Strawberries are also an excellent source of vitamin C, which can cleanse the skin and keep it healthy.
- They improve your complexion, tone and soothe irritated skin.
- Sea salt exfoliates the skin naturally while its minerals soften the skin, adding a healthy glow. This restores the skin’s freshness, leaving it supple and youthful.
- Using salt helps balance oil production and hydrates even the deep layers of the skin.
- Sea salt absorbs the dirt, grime, sweat and toxins from your body, cleansing the skin from within. You’d also appreciate salt baths for this reason!
- Sea salt acts as a natural detoxifier. Thus, apply a thin layer of sea salt on your skin and as it dries, the sea salt absorbs the toxins from the skin.
- Sea salt can help ease tensed muscles, especially when you enjoy a salt bath.
You want to try the Majestic Pure Himalayan Body Scrub to exfoliate, deeply cleanse and moisturize your skin.
For an ultra-detoxifying scrub that exfoliates, softens and smoothes the skin, mix a couple different types of mineral-rich salts in tiny proportions- Himalayan pink salt, Dead Sea salt, Celtic sea salt, New Zealand solar salt, and Epsom salt.
- Place freeze-dried strawberries in a sealed zip-loc bag then crush the strawberries until very fine using a rolling pin.
- Put the sea salt in a jar and add the massage oil before mixing it well with a spoon, spatula or wooden stick. Keep the texture moist enough to hold together.
- Add a few drops of the essential oil.
- Add this second mixture to your crushed strawberries and stir well.
- Store your scrub in a jar.
- Take a good shower and shave.
- Scrub your body skin with your strawberry salt scrub and leave it to sit on the skin for a few minutes.
- Rinse off completely. In case you want to upgrade your spa experience, try a Vichy shower where you’ll take the strawberry salt scrub off with hot towels
- Afterward, dry off with a clean towel.
- Apply your favorite body cream or lotion. Massage the cream gently into your skin to calm your skin down after the stimulating spa experience you just had.
You May Also Like:
Get Cleanser, Clearer & Toned Skin!