*This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase.
Did you already try our DIY coffee scrub with sugar and coconut oil to exfoliate your body skin, fade marks, and get youthful skin? Next time, try today’s DIY natural sugar body scrub with lavender flowers for calm, relaxed, and beautiful body skin!
Indeed, physical sloughers are the most well-known type of body exfoliators. They work well on areas of skin that are thicker, such as elbows, legs, and feet. They are good for beautiful, young-looking skin and particularly loved for their affordability.
This lavender-sugar scrub smells fantastic and is perfect for sensitive skin thanks to the calming lavender. So skip all the pricy body scrubs and try this DIY body scrub!
You May Also Like: DIY Coffee Body Scrub with Sugar & Coconut Oil
See The Contents
What You Need:
- A cup of brown sugar
- A cup of white sugar
- Lavender essential oil
- Lavender buds
- ½ cup of organic coconut oil. You can also use the Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil that is 100% organic.
- A mason jar or container with an air-tight lid. I particularly love glass jars.
Use white sugar which is a little finer thus less abrasive for facial or lip scrubs. Use brown sugar, which is a bit coarse for body scrubs while raw sugar, which is the coarsest sugar, for hand and foot scrubs.
A mix of white and brown sugar provides a better texture for body scrubs.
Why Use Lavender?
- We celebrate lavender oil as a means to fight headaches and reduce stress. Thus, its calming properties make it an excellent ingredient for your evening shower scrub, or when you need to relax.
- It unclogs pores and reduces inflammation when you put it on your skin.
- Lavender has antifungal properties hence making it great for soothing and healing skin that’s irritated or reddened from the sun, insect bites, or bacteria.
- Lavender can reduce discoloration, including dark spots since it helps lessen blotchiness and redness.
- Lavender deeply detoxifies to purge harmful toxins from the skin, while promoting tension-release for sore muscles and a tired mind.
- Lavender oil has antiseptic properties that help the skin to heal faster while fighting and preventing further infection.
Clearly, the combination of sugar – a natural humectant, coconut-a natural moisturizer, and lavender- a soothing ingredient make a great body scrub.
Sugar scrubs are an exfoliating and hydrating body treatment that is a more gentle alternative to salt scrubs. A sugar scrub is an especially good choice if your skin is extremely sensitive or if you have had a salt scrub before and found it scratchy or uncomfortable.
I particularly use this scrub for my night-time shower routine and I love it!
You May Also Like: How to Have a Spa Day at Home
- Mix equal parts of brown sugar and white sugar in the jar.
- Melt the coconut oil for quicker mixing. Pour into the jar, add lavender essential oil and lavender buds then leave it to sit for a few minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together and once ready, cover with your air-tight lid.
Glass mason jars or metal jars with a screw-top lid or air-tight lid work best.
- Use a spatula or spoon to scoop your desired amount of scrub into your hands.
- Scrub all over your body, paying attention to your hand, feet, or wherever you’d like softer skin.
- Allow the scrub to stay on your skin for a few minutes before washing it off completely.
- Dry your body and moisturize your skin afterward with the Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or your preferred body lotion. Stay naked for a while as the lotion is absorbed into your skin.
You May Also Like: How to Exfoliate your Face for the Best Results
Goodbye to Irritated Skin, Hello to Calm, Beautiful Skin!