*This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase.
Have you tried a natural, DIY rose sugar body scrub before?
Well, sugar scrubs are great for exfoliating the skin! And depending on the ingredients you choose for your body scrub, your skin can benefit in so many ways apart from the intended exfoliation.
If you suffer dry and irritated skin, try a lavender-sugar mask for a calm, beautiful skin and if you’re looking to fade marks, try a coffee body scrub. Well, you can also try a rose sugar scrub for youthful, beautiful, and vibrant skin.
See The Contents
What You Need To Make A Rose Sugar Scrub:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- Dried rose petals
- A cup of pure rose nectar or rose water or rose essential oil or rose hip oil.
Rose nectar is highly concentrated, unrefined, and not mixed in with an oil or distilled water during manufacturing.
Rosewater is mixed with an oil or distilled water while rose essential oil is derived from rose petals.
Rosehip seed oil is derived from the small fruits that appear on rose plants. It is the only natural plant oil that contains retinol, known to be an anti-aging powerhouse!
I personally love pure rose nectar and rosehip seed oil which are more concentrated. However, rose nectar, rose extracts, and rose essential oils are still as effective.
- ½ cup of organic coconut oil. You can also use the Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil that is 100% organic.
- A mason jar or container with an air-tight lid. I particularly love glass jars.
- Add some rose petals from a banquet to your skin-care routine in order to protect your skin against pollution.
- Vitamin C in rose petals helps brighten your skin and its tone and fades acne scars with consistent use.
- Damask roses are so potent with antimicrobial and anti-aging compounds that they are even effective against highly dangerous bacteria thus excellent for wound healing!
- The sugars and natural oils found in rose petals trap moisture in your skin, making your skin look smoother and softer.
You May Also Like: 10 Ways to Use Rose Nectar for Wellness
- Rose essential oil acts as a superb emollient to moisturize skin, protecting the skin from moisture loss, and preventing free radicals and toxins from entering the skin. This keeps the skin’s moisture barrier strong.
- Rose essential oils and rosehip oils both contain high levels of antioxidants, which neutralize free radicals and keep us looking younger for longer.
- Rose ingredients will protect you from sunburn.
- Rosewater helps maintain a proper pH balance that is essential to healthy skin.
- Rosehip oil is fantastic for soothing skin inflammation, including eczema and severe redness due to its high content of both fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Rosehip oil has been shown to help with acne scarring because it inhibits pigmentation while still maintaining hydration and a firm, youthful appearance.
You May Also Like: 15 Rose Nectar Recipes to Upgrade your Wellness Routine
- Mix equal parts of brown sugar and white sugar in the jar.
- Melt the coconut oil for quicker mixing. Pour into the jar, add your rose essential oil and rose petals then leave it to sit for a few minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together and once ready, cover with your air-tight lid. You can use a spatula to even out the mixture.
- Scoop the desired amount of your rose sugar scrub into your hands.
- Scrub all over your body, paying attention to your hand, feet, or wherever you’d like softer skin.
- Allow the scrub to stay on your skin for a few minutes before washing it off completely.
- Dry your body and moisturize your skin afterward with the Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or your preferred body lotion. Stay naked for a while as the lotion is absorbed into your skin.
You May Also Like: How to Exfoliate your Face for the Best Results
Say Hello to Youthful Skin!