*This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase.
Have you tried a DIY coffee body scrub for a beautiful, glowing body skin?
Well, most of us remember to exfoliate our faces but not our bodies. No wonder we suffer dry, dull body skin that doesn’t even glow as you apply body lotion.
Using body scrubs leaves your skin feeling good. So, let’s start with a DIY coffee body scrub. This scrub is not only amazing but you can make it quickly with the items found right in your kitchen. This scrub also helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite and other marks on your skin.
You May Also Like: CBD For Acne- All You Need to Know
See The Contents
What You Need:
- A cup of fresh, ground organic coffee grounds – The coarse particles in coffee grounds work as an exfoliating agent to help remove dirt and dead cells from the skin.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup of organic coconut oil. You can also use the Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil that is 100% organic.
- A mason jar or container with an air-tight lid. I particularly love glass jars.
The coffee body scrub is one of the best scrubs in the wellness world. It has one of the best smells and let’s look into the ingredients of this DIY coffee scrub. I’m certain you’ll be inspired to try out this body scrub as soon as possible!
Why Use These Ingredients?
- When caffeine such as that in coffee grounds is applied topically, it may help break down this fat and increase blood flow to the area, thus decreasing the appearance of cellulite.
- Applying coffee directly to your skin may help decrease the appearance of sunspots, redness, and fine lines.
- The CGAs in coffee is linked to reducing hyperpigmentation thus help reduce inflammation.
- The CGAs in coffee has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Thus, as a natural exfoliant, coffee helps fight acne, including body acne.
- Coconut oil keeps the skin moisturized thus particularly good for dry skin.
- It helps in reducing inflammation and helping heal wounds.
Simply use coconut oil as your go-to moisturizer if you’re looking for an affordable option that not only smells amazing but also leaves your skin feeling nourished and smooth.
- Makes an excellent exfoliant thanks to its glycolic and alpha-hydroxy acid contents that help to maintain your skin’s equilibrium – it won’t become too dry or too oily leaving your skin with a naturally radiant glow!
- Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that stimulates cell regeneration and encourages new skin cells and thus younger-looking skin.
- Sugar is a natural humectant, thus, draws moisture from the environment and locks it into the skin. By applying products with sugar or sugar derivatives, your skin stays moisturized and smooth.
- Mix equal parts of brown sugar, white sugar, and coffee grounds in the jar.
- Melt the coconut oil for quicker mixing. Pour into the jar and leave it to sit for a few minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together and once ready, cover with your air-tight lid.
How to Use
- Always take a shower and shave before exfoliating using the DIY coffee scrub.
- Scoop a little of the coffee scrub and scrub gently and avoid rubbing the scrub roughly on your skin.
- Pay attention particularly to thick-skin areas like the elbows, knees, and feet.
- Rinse off the scrub once you’re done.
- Moisturize your skin afterward with the Shea Moisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or your preferred body lotion. Stay naked for a while as the lotion is absorbed into your skin.
There you go! I use this DIY coffee scrub once a week to avoid much irritation on my skin.
Well, apart from DIY scrubs, you can always try these amazing organic coffee body scrubs I’ve tried and they help with shade-matching, particularly evening our your body skin:
- Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub – This natural, vegan body scrub with ground coffee, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and grapeseed oil gives you vacation-glowy skin all year round.
- Herbavana Exfoliating Body Scrub – A coconut-hemp-coffee body scrub with dead sea salt that is effective as a cleanser for the body yet gentle on your sensitive areas as a body scrub exfoliator.
- 100% Natural Coffee Scrub With Organic Coffee, Vitamin E and Shea Butter (Coconut) – exfoliates your skin to help remove residual dirt, and give you a fresher, sexier, younger, and more moisturized appearance.
You May Also Like: How to Have a Spa Day at Home
Goodbye Dull Skin, Hello Beautiful Skin!