*This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase.
Looking for drinks that can help clear your skin? Then you’re home!
It is true that beauty runs deep, and the beauty of our skin shouldn’t only be surface level.
On Boulder Natural Health, skin disorders such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea may occur when the liver is overwhelmed with too much hormone such as androgens or estrogens, too much alcohol or caffeine, or inflammatory bi-products from food.
Thus, it is important to help your liver help your skin by reducing the consumption of caffeine, tobacco, fried foods, and medications; and also, consuming more foods and drinks that will help the liver function well.
Taking care of your skin from the inside out is key; while foods are great, in this article, we share 5 of the best drinks to help clear your skin. These drinks are anti-oxidant-rich! Why anti-oxidants?
Antioxidants help keep our skin young and safe by minimizing harmful free radical activity, which can be caused by environmental contaminants, sun exposure, and an unhealthy diet. Antioxidant-rich foods can make a big difference in your skin’s firmness, clarity, and radiance, as well as reducing acne and dullness.
*This article is inspired by my incorporation of the 5 drinks below in my wellness routine after watching this video on 5 anti-acne drinks for clear and glowing skin on the Beauty Within YouTube channel.
You May Also Like: 11 Moon Milk Recipes your Sleep Routine Needs
See The Contents
- 1 1. Lemon ACV Detox Water Shot
- 2 2. Turmeric Golden Latte Milk
- 3 Turmeric Latte Recipe 2
- 4 3. Lemongrasss Matcha Latte
- 5 4. Dandelion Root Tea
- 6 5. Spearmint Tea
1. Lemon ACV Detox Water Shot
This easy Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipe is made with Bragg ACV, fresh lemon juice, water, ground turmeric, and a drizzle of honey.
Vitamin C, found in lemon juice, is an antioxidant that can help prevent skin damage and premature aging. Also, lemon’s high pH levels can help to minimize oil on the skin and inflammation.
Apple cider vinegar is a natural ingredient with many health and skin benefits. It includes acetic, citric, malic, and amino acids, as well as vitamins, enzymes, and mineral salts, all of which are good for your skin. ACV also offers antifungal and antibacterial properties.
To prepare the lemon ACV water shot:
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar with mother (Bragg ACV with mother is great) with 8 ounces of purified water. Squeeze some lemon juice. Add ground turmeric (optional). Mix well then enjoy!
Sip your apple cider vinegar drink first thing in the morning or right before a meal. Taken before a meal, the vinegar drink can help you feel full faster, which can aid in weight loss.
2. Turmeric Golden Latte Milk
Turmeric lattes are one of the most healthy substituions for seasonal drinks. This drink is full of antioxidant properties, is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory.
Turmeric Latte Recipe 2
- 1 1/2 cup of light coconut milk/ oat milk
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger/cardamon (Optional)
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (Optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (increases the absorption of turmeric into the body)
- Sweetener of choice. Ideally, maple syrup, or coconut sugar (Optional step)
1. In a small saucepan, add coconut milk, almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, black pepper, and sweetener of choice. I sometimes add 1 tbsp maple syrup.
2. Whisk frequently as it heats up till hot but not boiling over medium heat. Turn off hear. Adjust flavor. Serve immediately.
This drink is perfect for fall days when you need to warm up the body. However, to take it during the hot months of summer, skip the ginger which is known for boosting metabolic rates.
When it is super hot, you can also make this delicious golden milk by adding 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and black pepper powder into a glass. Pour in 200ml of chilled coconut or oat milk. Give it a good stir. Add ice cubes and sip on!
You May Also Like: 6 Best Superfood Drinks for Glowing Skin & Body on Beauty Within Official
3. Lemongrasss Matcha Latte
A gorgeous cup of matcha latte is a healthy bomb you don’t want to miss.
Lemongrass is packed with vitamin A and C, so works hard to keep your skin and hair glossy. It also has astringent properties, which help to minimize your pores, as well as keep your oil levels balanced.
The anti-inflammatory properties of matcha powder, especially EGCg, help to reduce the redness associated with chronic skin conditions like rosacea and acne. It is suitable for all skin types and provides calming relief. You’ll not only feel better, but you’ll also look better!
To prepare your latte:
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1/2 cup water (only if you’re using lemongrass leaves)
- 1/2 cup of coconut/oat milk
- 1 Tsp of your preferred sweetener like honey
- 3-4 leaves of lemongrass/ 1 tsp ground lemongrass ( Optional)
1. In a saucepan, add water and boil lemongrass leaves cut into pieces. Let the water cool for 5 minutes for the lemongrass flavor to intensify.
If you’re using ground lemongrass, add it to a glass then proceed with step 2. Lemongrass has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties thus a powerful shot!
2. Strain the water and add your matcha to this water. Add your milk and sweetener. Stir completely.
3. Whisk everything till well combined and enjoy hot or iced!
4. Dandelion Root Tea
Dandelions are a superfood. Thus, dandelion root tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants that fight off free radicals and is a great coffee alternative.
It also helps in cleansing your liver, it cleanses and detoxifies the skin and is great for stomach and muscle recovery!
To Prepare your Dandelion Root Tea:
Steep for 15 minutes a dandelion root tea bag in 1 cup of boiling water. Add warm almond milk( optional), 1 tsp cinnamon (optional), and a sweetener of your choice.
Take this tea every morning to fight off numberous skin infections!
Add burdock root to your tea mix for a powerful detoxifying tea. Throw in some turmeric as well!
To make this blend, add ground burdock, dandelion and turmeric roots then steep in water till hot. Add a sweetener of choice and enjoy! Add your favorite plant milk too and make a latte too!
5. Spearmint Tea
Spearmint tea is high in antioxidants, including rosmarinic acid, flavones and flavanones like limonene and menthol that can help to reduce oxidative stress. It also promotes relaxtaion and reduces stress.
Hirsutism is growing thick hair in women, in parts of the body that usually grows hair in men, such as on the face, chest, and back. As an anti-androgen, spearmint tea helps reduce levels of testosterone, this in return often helps reduce facial hair growth.
To Prepare Spearming Tea:
- Add 1 cup of water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add spearmint leaves and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Strain the tea into a cup and enjoy!
NOTE: You can add chamomile, pepermint and orange peel for a heightened senstaion of relaxation.
You May Also Like: 15 Rose Nectar Recipes to Upgrade your Wellness Routine
Which of these anti-acne drinks have you taken to help clear your skin?